What are the interior Design Elements ?
When you come and think of interior design , creativity immediately pops up in your mind , but its’s not only about ideas , there are some principles or elements that should be followed to create an aesthetically pleasing design that achieves the ideas that a person has on his mind
- Space : It’s the luxury of working within the three dimensional space (Length , Width & Height ) . Space could also be divided into positive or negative , the positive is the spaces that contain objects ., while the negative is empty whether for circulation / client need … etc.
- Line : Usually consists of horizontal , vertical and dynamic lines. The line aspect helps shapes the room and gives and impression . When using horizontal lines by using tables , surfaces , it gives a sense of stability and the room might appear wider . Vertical lines are like windows and doors , they give a person a sense of freedom and an illusion that the space is taller . Finally Dynamic lines are like the stairs , zigzag lines , curves , diagonal lines , Those lines would be translated into energy and attention .
Of course the balance between those three is the key to achieve the owner’s preference of the room.
- Form : is basically the shape of the room , or any physical object within the room . A place is more pleasing if the dominant form is repeated in minor objects through out the room .
- Light :Natural or man made light is the aspect that makes a huge difference to any space because it's basically shines all the other elements. Depends on the function of the space or the purpose , you get to choose the category of lighting whether it's only for ambience , emphasizing objects or for a defined purpose . A good designer would integrate natural light into the design for warmth and efficiency.
- Color , when considering the color of the room , first think what the room will be used for and what are the activities that will occur in the space. The power of color is in how it creates the mood of the room , how it defines unity and how it alters the perception of how large or small the space is .Bright colors are often used in small spaces while darker ones are used in larger room areas.
- Texture has to do from furniture to accessories to fabric .There are two forms of textures , the visual which is how a person’s eye perceives a space and an Actual one which is the one that can be seen or felt .
- Pattern patterns can bring a room to life. As a rule of thumb however, it’s best to include a maximum of three patterns, all drawing from the same color scheme. A pattern is created by the use of a repetitive design and can be found in wallpaper, soft furnishings, rugs and fabrics. Patterns come in various types, such as stripes, geometric, pictorial, organic, motif and animal prints.
Trending Color Palettes for Interior Design ?
Color schemes in interior design are simply the organization and choices of colors placed throughout a space . These colors and their combinations can influence how a person experience a room. The color scheme can create a mood , enhance a particular style , and bring cohesion in a single area
IN COLLABORATION WITH